Welcome to Episode 30 of Among Women “Espresso Shot”
– a short strong coffee break of faith sharing and teaching from Pat Gohn.
Today’s topic: Devotion to the Rosary (My Top Ten Reasons)
This is the 10th installment in a 12-part series on the monthly church devotions. In October we are called to pray the Holy Rosary, and honor Mary as Our Lady of the Rosary, whose feast day is October 7.
In this episode, I offer my Top Ten Reasons for Praying the Rosary:
- To Pray the Second Most Powerful prayer in the world. The first being the Mass; the second being the Rosary.
- Being obedient to your Momma (Momma Mary)
- The Fruits of the Rosary: Yes there are many benefits!
- We become intimately acquainted with the deepest moments in the Gospels.
- Its portable! It goes anywhere!
- So easy to learn, but a lifetime to master its riches.
- It lowers my blood pressure. (The gift of peace.)
- It’s the prayer of intercession — the prayer to pray when you don’t know what to pray.
- The promises that Mary makes about the Rosary via St. Dominic. Find all 15 promises here.
- It will call you to be a saint — to grow in holiness.