I hope you enjoy Among Women’s Espresso Shot: Episode 29
Today’s topic: The Seven Sorrows of Mary
This most recent podcast is the 9th installment in a 12-part series on the monthly church devotions. In September we honor the Seven Sorrows of Mary (see below). This is a great time to engage Mary our Mother — as we lift our sorrows to her. She knows us and she understands. We can take comfort in Mary’s strength that is found at the foot of the Cross. Listen now.
With the ever-expanding church sex-abuse scandals we are currently witnessing in the news, the call to devotion to Mary under her patronage of Our Lady of Sorrows, and to meditation upon the Seven Sorrows of Mary is very poignant, indeed.
Pray! Pray! Pray!
The Seven Sorrows of Mary are:
1. The Prophecy of Simeon: (Luke.2:34-35)
2. The Flight into Egypt: (Matthew 2:13)
3. The Loss of the Holy Child at Jerusalem for three days: (Luke 23: 27-31)
4. Meeting Jesus as he carries his Cross to Calvary: (Luke 23: 27-31)
5. Standing at the Foot of the Cross: (John 19:25-30)
6. Jesus is taken down from the Cross: (John 19:31-37)
7. The Burial of Jesus: (John 19:38-42)
Image credit: Pat Gohn